What we offer
Lark Energy Commercial designs and builds projects both for our clients who are funding the project themselves and also for investors. We work with a range of investors who are able to offer innovative funding solutions for building and land owners who don’t wish to commit their own capital to a project but want to gain the benefits of reduced energy costs and carbon abatement. These options are set out below. If you require any further information on the options please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.
Self funded projects
For organisations or individuals that choose to self-fund their solar project, the benefits can be significant. By owning a solar system, and registering it under the Feed in Tariff (FIT), you will receive an income for all the electricity produced, a saving on not buying energy from the grid, together with a further income for any energy exported to the grid. This provides a long term, guaranteed and index-linked return on investment with a short payback period and a significantly reduced carbon footprint.
For larger scale solar projects up to 5MWp in size, it is possible to accredit the project under the Renewable Obligation. This provides generators with tradable Certificates (ROCs), valid for 20 years, which can be sold together with the energy itself.
If you are interested in self-funding a solar project, please get in touch with us. We will guide you through all the options and give you an indication of possible financial returns for free and without any obligation.
Fully funded without a roof lease
For the first time in the UK, Lark Energy Commercial is now able to offer our larger clients a fully-funded solar system which doesn’t require an associated roof lease. We are doing this in an exciting new partnership with Sun Edison, the world’s largest renewable energy developer. Through an innovative Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), Sun Edison has stripped away the complexity and potential liabilities associated with some roof lease products.
The new product has the following features:
- No Capital Outlay
- No Lease Required
- Fewer Legal Fees Incurred
- Day One Savings
- Long Term Electricity Price Hedging
- Hassle Free
- Complementary Solution with your Grid Supplier
- Meet Environmental Targets
- Improve your Building’s Energy Performance Rating (EPC)
Fully or part-funded with a roof lease
Lark Energy Commercial, working with a number of investment partners, is able to offer fully-funded solar systems for our clients. We will introduce an investor who will fully fund the project in return for an agreement with you to lease your roof. The investor will contract with us to design and install the system and maintain it over its lifetime.
How it works
1 You agree to lease the airspace above your roof for 20 years
2 We install our solar PV system onto your roof, free of charge
3 We monitor, maintain and insure the system for 20 years, at no cost to you
Clients have the choice of two funding options – fully-funded or part-funded
- The investor funds the entire installation of the solar PV system
- You receive discounted electricity produced by the system via a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- After 20 years, ownership of the system transfers to you to enjoy 100% free solar PV electricity for the remaining lifetime of the system
- The investor funds the entire installation of a solar PV system
- You forward-buy the solar PV electricity which you will consume from the system for 20 years (this one-time investment is typically equivalent to 25% of the installation cost)
- After 20 years, ownership of the system transfers to you to continue enjoying 100% free solar PV electricity for the remaining lifetime of the system
Lark Energy innovative funding options with or without a roof lease